Wellcome to the WBJJA!
Here goes the content. Click the edit icon at top left (the blue button with a pen in it). Then click this text to edit.
The name World Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Association (WBJJA) is registered in 2018 as a non-profit organization under Romanian law and upholds the strictest guidelines on democracyand openness.Please find below the guidelines that define our activity in the field of promoting BJJ worldwide and supporting athletes (beginners and advanced) in their path for personal development.
The opportunities for development of BJJ as a sport and a lifestyle are numerous, but as for any grand endeavor there are also challenges. In order to harness all this potential there is a need for a common point of reference, a democratic body to organize and drive the development of the sport on a worldwide basis.
The purpose of WBJJA is to further the development and recognition of the sport of BJJ, enabling international competition through the organization of national BJJ federations around the world in a friendly and participatory manner.
Assure a safe competition environment for beginners and advanced practitioners
Our aim is to reduce the percentage of beginner that abandon the practice of BJJ because they are discouraged by facing more experienced against which they have no chance of winning and giving practitioner an incentive for participating in safe - environment competitions tailored to their level.
Read more about "Fair Chance Matchmaking System".
Organizing national comunities
- Promote BJJ to non-practitioners as an accesibile way to a better health and a more balanced life
- Promote BJJ as a complex, efficient and fun-to-learn approach to martial arts, especially for kids
- Give a real chance to beginners to gain confidence in their abilities by organizing competitions under "Fair-chance system" (see Fair-Chance system)
- Encourage the exchange of information and technique through Tournaments and Seminars with international participation
- Taking a stand against the use of performance-enhancing substances (see our anti-doping policy).