"WORLD BRAZILIAN JIU-JITSU ASSOCIATION - WBJJA "
Chapter I - GENERAL PROVISIONS
Art. 1 - Name
1.1 The association is called "World Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Association – WBJJA”, according to proof of name availability released by the Ministry of Justice with the no.169657 / 09.08.2018.
1.2. Throughout its statute, " World Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Association - WBJJA " will be called "ASSOCIATION" or WBJJA, and Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu will be called BJJ.
Art. 2 - Legal form
2.1 According to the provisions of the Government Ordinance no.26 / 2000 on associations and foundations, approved by Law no.246 / 2005, the Association is a Romanian legal person with no patrimonial purpose.
Article. 3 - Purpose and objectives
3.1 The purpose of the Association is to identify practitioners, promote and develop competition formats specific like BJJ, Kosen, Submission Wrestling and Submission Only in Romania and worldwide.
The main objective of the Association is the organization, management and coordination across romanian territory but also in other countries of all activities related to the sport Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu (BJJ).
3.2. In order to achieve the aim and objectives proposed, the Association has as main attributions:
a) Elaborates the strategy for the development of the BJJ and coordinates the activity of promotion among the citizens of all ages in Romania and around the world;
b) Selects, prepares and improves practitioners and technicians, implementing nationally and internationally its own statutes and regulations.
c) Organizes, conducts, controls and supervises BJJ activities, demonstrations, tournaments and competitions , based on the regulations and norms adopted under this Statute and endorses their results.
d) Elaboration, tutorship and organization of tournaments, demonstrations, cups, international BJJ competitions taking place on the territory of Romania and worldwide , for both unimpaired members and members with special needs, at all levels. It also validates the hierarchy of players and participating federations / clubs, and the nomination of champions.
e) Collaborates with legal entities governed by public or private law that carry out activities of general interest and, in particular, those related to physical education and sports;
f) Collaborates with the central and local public administration authorities, as well as other stakeholders, to develop and / or modernize the material base for the BJJ practice .
g) Subject to the provisions of Government Decree No. 129/2000 on Adult Training and the Coach's Statute, as well as in collaboration with the Ministry of National Education, the Ministry of Youth and Sports and the National Center for Training and Coaching, coordinates the activity of initiating, training and refining technicians and specialists (coaches, instructors, referees, etc.) in the field of BJJ.
h) Carries out any direct economic activities that have an accessory character and are closely related to the purpose and objectives of the Association;
i) Under Article 47 of Government Emergency Ordinance no. 26/2000, it associates with other legal and physical persons for the purpose of establishing trading companies as well as acquires shares of commercial companies in order to obtain the necessary incomes to attain the purpose and objectives of the Association.
j) Takes measures to prevent and combat violence and to promote fair-play spirit in competitions and tournaments involving BJJ practitioners, respecting the provisions of Law no.4 / 2008 on preventing and combating violence in competitions and sports games and the International Conventions to which Romania has adhered to.
k) Promotes measures to prevent and control the use of prohibited substances and illegal methods intended to artificially increase the performance of athletes or to alter the results of organized competitions, in compliance with the provisions of the Law no. 227/2006 on the prevention and fight against doping in sports.
l) Elaborates and publishes printed media / online media or its own sites on the subject of BJJ.
m) Organizes a data bank of the Association regarding the activity of BJJ from all over the world and from Romania.
n) Represents, supports and defends BJJ's interests internally and internationally, in relations with the responsible bodies in sport, central and local government authorities, other institutions and organizations , nationally as well as internationally, in relations with associations and international or national federations from other countries or other international sports forums involved.
Art. 4 - Headquarters
4.1 The Association's headquarters is located at number 29th, Secariei street , Comarnic city, Prahova county, Romania.
4.2 Headquarters may be changed by decision of the Board of Directors under the terms of the law.
Art. 5 - Signs and colors
5.1 The Association has its emblem, logo, flag, fanion, badge and stamp, their models being approved only by the General Assembly.
5.2 The logo itself shall be used on the stamp, flag, fanion, badge and other inscriptions and titles of any kind of WBJJA only with the approval of the General Assembly.
5.3 Own insignia can only be modified with General Adoption approval .
Art. 6 - Duration
6.1 The Association is established indefinitely. The Association acquires legal personality from the date of its registration in the Special Register of Associations and Foundations at the Registry of the Court in whose territorial jurisdiction it is located.
Art. 7 - Patrimony
7.1 The initial patrimony of the association is worth 600.00 lei (six hundred lei) and is constituted exclusively from the cash contributions of the present undersigned associates.
7.2 The initial patrimony of the association can be modified and will be used to achieve the proposed goal and objectives.
7.3 The income of the association comes also from:
a) monthly members’ contributions, donations or in kind contributions of supporters;
b) allowances and prizes obtained from participating in competitions, tournaments, galleries and sports demonstrations;
c) donations and the amounts or property received through sponsorship;
d) economic activities carried out in direct connection with the purpose and the object of activity of the association ;
f) advertising and publicity, except for those made by specialized units in this field;
g) taxes, visas and penalties according to the provisions of this Statute and of its own regulations;
h) amounts remaining from the previous financial year;
i ) the valuation of assets in the patrimony;
j) other income under the terms of the law.
7.4 The Association may establish companies under the provisions of art. 47 of the Government Ordinance no.26 / 2000. Dividends obtained from their activities, if not reinvested in the same companies, are mandatory for the purpose and objectives of the association.
Chapter II - MEMBERS
Section I – Affiliation
8.1 The members of the association "World Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Association - WBJJA" may be composed of: federations, associations and / or individuals.
8.2 For individuals, in order to become a member of the association, it is necessary to draw up an application for affiliation and submit it online or at the headquarters of the association to the Board of Directors .
8.3 For legal persons (federations or associations), in order to become a member of the association, it is necessary to draw up an application for affiliation and submit it online or at the headquarters of the association to be reviewed by the Board of Directors, accompanied by the documents proving the status of association or federation under the provisions of Government Ordinance no. 26/2000 or the laws specific to the territory where the sporting entity is based, as well as the proof that the promotion and best interests of the sport of BJJ are within the scope and objectives of the association.
8.4 The application form shall include the identification and contact details of the natural or legal person wishing to join (name, address, telephone, fax , e-mail, fiscal code, name of the person legally representing it), a statement signed that he/she/it understands to recognize and respect the Statute, regulations and decisions of the WBJJA governing bodies.
8. 5 At the request of affiliation form, the following documents shall be attached as a copy, with the mention that they are "certified according to the original":
- Constitutive act of the federation / association / sports club ;
- Statute of federation / association / sports club ;
- The final court decision on the granting of legal personality / the conclusion by which the registration of the legal entity was ordered in the Register of Aassociations and Foundations or in the registers related to the territory where the entity has its registered office;
- Proof of headquarters;
- Evidence of patrimony;
- Document proving payment of affiliation / membership fee (receipt, payment order);
- Any other documents attesting to the statute of the sports organization wishing to become a member, if it is based in any country other than Romania.
8. 6 The request for affiliation is analyzed in the first meeting of the Board of Directors, who, besides the requirements of paragraphs (2) and (3), may request any other documents and / or information that it considers necessary. Provisional affiliation can be granted, or rejected by the Board with the written motivation for the rejection cause.
A provisionally affiliated member shall have all the rights and obligations set forth in Articles 14 to 15 of the Statute, with the exception of the right to nominate candidates to the functions of the management and control bodies and the right to vote, which are acquired only after the General Assembly has pronounced the definitive acceptance of affiliation as a member.
8.7 In order to propose a definitive affiliation and acquire the membership of the World Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Association, the provisoinal affiliated member has the obligation to fulfill, cumulatively, the obligations that are in accordance with the priority status of the members, as follows:
- have at least 20 athletes with an annual membership card;
- to participate for at least 4 consecutive years with athletes at the Continental Championships in the area where they come from and at the World Championships
8. 8 The re-affiliation of a federation / association / sports club shall take place if, after losing membership as a result of one of the situations referred to in Article 16, it submits a new application for affiliation and proves the fulfillment of the established conditions in paragraphs (1) to (5).
8.9 If there are several affiliate applications in a given country, the applications will be analyzed according to:
- the status of a National Federation recognized by the national sports forums in that country, close to the WBJJA's sporting outlook;
- the status of the association.
The Board of Directors has the obligation to analyze the application for affiliation in the first meeting of the Council following the filing of the application, after which , if all the conditions are met, it decides the provisional affiliation of the applicant association. For the affiliation to become permanent, the Board of Directors has the obligation to put on the meeting agenda of the General Assembly all the requests for affiliation formulated between the two General Assemblies, also presenting information regarding the fulfillment / non-fulfillment of the affiliation conditions.
(1) As a result of affiliation approval the associations become members of the Association and enjoy all the rights and duties of the WBJJA statute and regulations, except for those who come from the same country where the voting right belongs only to one affiliated. They can enjoy all other permanent membership rights.
(2) Through affiliation, associations adhere to the purpose and objectives of the WBJJA, they recognize and undertake to respect and apply the Association's Statutes and Regulations, formalize their existence as full members.
(3) In official competitions, the association and its Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu-BJJ practitioners will be required to bear the name in writing in the affiliation application.
Any associate member may change his/her/its name in compliance with the legal and statutory provisions provided for any modification of the constitutive acts, respectively the registration of the changes in the Register of Associations and Foundations at the Registry of the Court in whose territorial district their headquarters are located. Changes must be communicated to the Association’s Secretariat. Within 15 days from the issue of the registration certificate in the register of legal persons and the fiscal registration holder with the new name, the associate member is obliged to notify the association about the modification, under the sanction of not granting the right to enroll his athletes to competitions.
Section II - Categories of members
Art . 12
WBJJA is established for an indefinite period of time by the association of individuals and / or associations whose purpose or object of activity is the promotion of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu (BJJ), Romanian legal entities without patrimonial purpose , established under Government Decision no.26 / 2000 on the basis of a common understanding to contribute to the promotion of sports, development and affirmation in Romania and worldwide, of the Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, consists of the following categories of members:
12.1 Members with deliberative vote
a) Founding members - the natural and / or legal persons who formed the Association and contributed materially and morally to its founding and to the establishment of the social patrimony;
b) National Federations - Delegated / Empowered Representatives by National Federations;
c) Affiliates - individuals or legal persons associated thereafter, having fulfilled the conditions required by this Statute for membership and that were approved by the General Assembly and only if the country they come from there isn’t another national federation member entitled to vote ;
12.2 Members without voting rights
a) Honorary members - natural and / or legal persons who have brought and provide special services to the Association or which support it substantially from a material and / or financial point of view;
(1) The members of the honorary category may include the natural persons of Romanian nationality in the country or abroad, appointed among the former athletes, technicians, members of the governing bodies of the Association and of the territorial bodies, managers, as well as any other natural or legal persons with exceptional merits and long-term contributions to the Association's activity and the assertion of BJJ in Romania and around the world.
(2) Persons with remarkable contributions who have served as president of the association may receive the title of honorary president, which is granted for life, by the decision of the general meeting.
(1) As a result of affiliation approval, associations that have become members of the association shall enjoy all rights and obligations under the WBJJA statutes and regulations, except in the cases listed in Article 10 (1).
(2) Through affiliation associations adhere to the purpose and objectives of the WBJJA, recognize and undertake to respect and apply the Association's statutes and regulations, formalize their existence as full members.
Associate members (founders and those who subsequently joined the WBJJA Statute) have the following rights:
14.1 To choose and propose persons to run for the functions of the management and control bodies;
14.2 To express by vote their option concerning the documents submitted to the debate and the draft decisions of the General Assembly;
14.3 To participate directly in organizational, technical, methodological, economic, legal, administrative or other matters, contributing to the development and assertion of BJJ in Romania and worldwide;
14.4 To benefit from training and optimal training conditions for the capitalization of the skills of BJJ practitioners;
14.5 To have an organized framework for the professional training and improvement of specialists;
14.6 To initiate projects, decisions and proposals for the development of BJJ in Romania and worldwide;
14.7 To participate in general meetings either through the legal representative or through a delegate presenting a delegation whose unique model will be established by the Director Board and transmitted to all members with votin rights.
14.8 To have representatives in the committees and colleges of the Association;
14.9 To benefit from any other rights deriving from this Statute and from the association's regulations;
14.10 To receive, according to contribution, outstanding achievements and results, various distinctions of WBJJA titles, diplomas, trophies, awards, rewards, material incentives, as the case may be, under the law.
Art.15 - The main responsibilities and obligations of members affiliated to the Association:
15.1 Knowing, observing and applying the provisions of the Statute, Regulations, Rules and Decisions of the General Assembly and the Board of Directors, WBJJA Committees and Colleges;
15.2 To act permanently and to contribute effectively to the development and affirmation of BJJ plans and programs in their own country in order to achieve the proposed goal of setting up the Association, namely the promotion and development of BJJ in their own country, in the perspective of official recognition as official sporting branch, according to the provisions of the Law of the respective country, with the completions and modifications up-to-date;
15.3. Not to associate with entities that might try and to firmly reject any attempt to corrupt or influence unfairly the sporting results;
15.4 To act with perseverance to prevent and combat acts of brutality and violence, to promote the spirit of sportmanship and civilized behavior;
15.5 Not to admit, to combat and to firmly oppose the use of prohibited substances, the practice of doping and irregular methods intended to artificially increase the physical fitness of athletes;
15.6 To act to protect and defend the image and prestige of WBJJA, its bodies and officials;
15.7 To contribute through the activity carried out for the purpose preservation and the achievement of the WBJJA objectives and those of the Association for which affiliation or membership has been approved;
15.8 To pay membership / affiliation fees on the 1st of April of each year, and for sportsmen and women working under the sporting body logo to pay them within the time limits set by the Board of Directors. Failure to comply with the financial obligations shall result in the sanction of the affiliated member under the conditions set out in Chapter VII – Sanctions;
15.9 To provide optimal training conditions for their own active members;
Section III - Loss of membership
(1) WBJJ Membership can be lost in the following situations:
a) by withdrawal, based on a request made by the legal representative of an association, approved by the Board of Directors and submitted for validation to the General Assembly;
b) in case of dissolution and liquidation of the association;
c) in the case of the merger of two associations;
d) by exclusion for serious violations of the Statute, Regulations and Decisions of the Board of Directors;
(2) The conditions for termination of WBJJA membership, exclusion for deviations, and re-affiliation of excluded members shall be specified in the Organization and Functioning Regulations of the Association.
Chapter III - ORGANIZATION AND FUNCTIONING OF THE ASSOCIATION
The management and control bodies of the Association are:
1. The General Assembly;
2. The Board of Directors;
3. The Censor
Section I - General Assembly
The General Assembly is the governing body, made up of all the associates with voting rights.
The competence of the General Assembly includes:
- establishing the strategy and general objectives of the Association
- approving the revenue and expenditure budget and the balance sheet;
- the election and revocation of the members of the Board of Directors;
- choosing and revoking the Censor;
- modification of Constitutive Act and Statute;
- applying the rules for organizing and operation processes of the auditor;
- approving, at the proposal of the Board of Directors, the definitive affiliation of associates and the granting of honorary membership and honorary president;
- approving the WBJJA Organization and Functioning Regulations and the Discipline Regulation;
- The approval of Loss of membership of WBJJA members, in the situations provided for in Article 16 of this Statute;
- the dissolution and liquidation of the association, as well as the determination of the destination of the goods remaining after liquidation;
- approves the regulations of BJJ competitions and the yearly fees for the associations and their members.
- any other duties provided for by law or statute.
General meetings may be ordinary or extraordinary. The General Assembly has the right to control the activity of the Board of Directors and the auditor.
The Ordinary General Assembly is convened annually by the Board of Directors in the first half of the year, after the end of the previous financial year. The Ordinary General Election Assembly takes place every four years.
The convening of the ordinary meeting shall be made at least 15 days before the date when it’s supposed to be held, by any means that can prove this (fax, e-mail, registered letter with acknowledgment of receipt, signature table).
(1) Upon convocation of the general meeting, the members of the Association shall be sent the agenda and the text of the proposals for amendment of the constitutive acts, if they are on the agenda.
(2) Affiliated members may make proposals and may make amendments to the agenda and to the materials submitted toghether with the convocation at the latest 7 days before the date of the general meeting. The same term will also be observed in the event that there are proposals to be made on candidates, if the agenda includes elections.
The Extraordinary General Assembly meets as often as necessary and is called by the Chairman of the Executive Council ex officio or at the proposal of one quarter of the associate members at least 7 days before the term set for her holding. In exceptional situations, when the existence of the Association itself is jeopardized, the meeting can be announced through public announcement. The extraordinary general assembly only decides on the issues for which it was summoned.
Art . 25
The decisions taken by the General Assembly, within the limits of the law, the Constitutive Act and the Statute, are mandatory even for the associates who did not take part in the General Assembly or voted against.
The General Assembly sessions are chaired by the Chairman of the Board of Directors.
(1) The General Meeting - ordinary or extra ordinary - are legally held with the participation of half plus one of its total members and make decisions with the vote of half plus one of the number that are present.
(2) If the first meeting convened does not meet the necessary quorum, the Board of Directors / Chairperson shall convene another meeting of the general meeting within a maximum of 5 working days from the date of the first meeting, during which the present members will be able to make valid decisions indifferent by their number.
Section II - Board of Directors
Art . 28
(1) The Board of Directors meets, as a rule, on a monthly basis, and ensures the enforcement of the decisions of the general meetings;
(2) The Board of Directors shall consist of three members: President, Vice-President and 1 Secretary General, their term of office being four years.
(3) The members of the Board of Directors may not be censors.
(4) If the number of associate members exceeds the number 15, the general meeting may decide to increase the number of members of the Board of Directors.
The Board of Directors has the following responsibilities:
a) presents to the General Assembly the activity report for the previous period, the budget of revenues and expenditures, the balance sheet, the draft of the income and expenses budget and the draft of the programs of the association;
b) concludes legal acts in the name and on behalf of the association;
c) elaborates the internal regulations, approves the organization chart and the personnel policy of the association;
d) elaborates the draft of the Organization and Functioning Regulation of the Association and submits it to the General Assembly for approval ;
e) organizes and coordinates, with the support of the central colleges and commissions, the activity of the technicians (trainers, coaches and referees) regarding their training, improvement, classification and promotion; collaborates with the institutions and structures authorized to carry out the training and improvement programs of BJJ specialists;
f) organizes the information and documentation system, draws up and disseminates the official statistical information and data; publishes newsletters, directories and other technical-methodical materials;
g) acts to establish a climate of order and discipline throughout the sport activity to prevent and combat acts of violence, to promote fair-spirit ;
h) promotes measures to prevent and control the use of prohibited substances and irregular methods designed to artificially increase the physical fitness of athletes or to modify the results of competitions organized directly at national level, in accordance with the regulations of the international association and the World Anti-Doping Agency. Any other measures contrary to the aforementioned regulations are null and void;
i) ensures the legal and effective administration and management of budget and patrimony; it acts to increase income sources, to develop, modernize and maintain proper sports facilities; supports the Censor Board in fulfilling its duties.
j) establishes the summoning dates , the agenda and approves the draft materials for the General Assemblies of the Association;
k) proposes to the General Assembly for approval the amount of the fees and penalties to be applied in accordance with the provisions of the Regulation for Discipline;
l) decides on the suspension of the rights of affiliated members who have not paid their financial obligations to the federation in due time and communicates to the affiliated members the measures that were taken against them;
m) proposes to the General Assembly for approval the amount of annual fees and visa for clubs and their athletes;
n) at the proposal of the President, approves the nominal component and the operating regulations of the specialized committees and colleges;
o) performs other duties established or delegated by the General Assembly
Decisions of the Board of Directors shall be taken by majority vote of the present members.
The World Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Association (WBJJA) is represented in relations with third parties, in court and before any other authorities by the Chairman of the Board of Directors, who is also the President of the association.
The members of the Board of Directors have the following attributions:
32.1 The President:
a) to answer and lead the activity of the Association and of the Board of Directors;
b) to sign the official correspondence , the main documents and documents that employ the Association;
c) to approve the employment and, as the case may be, dismisses the employees of the Association;
d) to be responsible for the good functioning of the WBJJA, for organizing the application of the provisions of the Statutes and Regulations , for the fulfillment of the decisions of the General Assemblies and of the Board of Directors;
e) to preside and direct the General Assemblies and the work of the Board of Directors;
f) to empower the Vice-President or another member of the Board of Directors with his / her duties when he / she is unable to exercise his / her mandate;
h) to represent the Association in the relations with similar forums in other countries, with the National Anti-Doping Agencies and other international forums.
32.2. The Vice-President:
a) acts for the observation and application of the provisions of the Statute and the regulations of the Association;
(b) contributes to the implementation of the national strategy, programs and plans for the promotion and development of BJJ, the decisions of the General Assemblies and the Board of Directors on the increase of the number of practitioners and the spreading of this sport at national level;
c) coordinates and supports the activity of Associate Members;
d) assumes, by empowerment, the attributions of the President when he / she is not able to exercise the mandate.
32.3 The Secretary General:
a) coordinates the development, approval and implementation of the Brazilian national development strategy of BJJ, short and medium-term activities, domestic and international calendars, income and expense plan;
b) coordinates the activity of the association's Committees and Colleges, as well as the activity of the employees of the Association;
c) establishes, together with the President, the subjects of the general meetings and those of the meetings of the Board of Directors, prepares their meetings and ensures the timely elaboration of the materials to be presented;
d) ensures the smooth running of the programs and actions within the Association, following the observance of the legislation in effect; ensures the legal and effective management and administration of the income and expenditure plan and of the patrimony; is concerned with the increase in income sources, the maintenance and modernization of sports facilities for BJJ; cooperates with and supports the work of the Censor;
e) takes part in the acomplishment of all the duties of the Board of Directors
Section III - The Censor
The internal financial control of the club is provided by a Censor, which may be the natural or legal person certified according to the law. Board members can not be censors.
The auditor's duties are as follows:
a) to verify the way the Association's patrimony is administered;
b) to verify how the budget of revenues and expenditures is created;
c) to identify the irregularities found in the management of the patrimony and the use of funds and propose ways and solutions for increasing the resources, economically spending the funds and increasing the economic, organizational and technical efficiency;
d) to prepare reports and submit them annually to the General Assembly;
e) to fulfill any other attributions established by the General Assembly or provided in the legislation in the financial-fiscal field.
Chapter IV - DIVISION AND LIQUIDATION OF THE ASSOCIATION
The Association dissolves:
b) by decision of the competent court;
c) by decision of the General Assembly
The Association dissolves lawfully in the following situations:
a) the realization or, as the case may be, the impossibility of achieving the purpose and the objectives for which it was established, if within 3 months from the observation of such a fact there is no change of this purpose;
b) the impossibility of establishing the general meeting or the establishment of the Board of Directors in accordance with this Statute, if this situation lasts for more than one year from the date when, according to the statute, the general meeting or, as the case may be, the Board of Directors should be constituted;
c) the reduction of the number of associates if the limit is set by law if it has not been completed for three months.
The dissolution shall be established by the decision of the Bucharest Tribunal as the court in whose territorial jurisdiction the association's headquarters are located, at the request of any interested persons.
The Association dissolves, by court decision, at the request of any interested person in the following situations:
a) when the purpose or activity of the Association has become illicit or contrary to public order;
b) when the realization of the purpose is pursued by illicit mens or contrary to public order;
c) when the Association pursues a purpose other than that for which it was established;
d) when the Association becames insolvent;
e) in other cases provided by law.
The Association may also dissolve by decision of the General Assembly within 15 days from the date of the dissolution hearing, the decision of the general meeting is to be filed with the tribunal in whose territorial jurisdiction its headquarters is located, in order to be enrolled in the Special Federation and Associations Registy.
Art . 40
(1) The dissolution is followed by the liquidation procedure. In case of dissolution of the Association, the assets left after liquidation can not be transferred to individuals.
(2) The assets remaining after the liquidation shall be transmitted in equal shares to the constituent legal entities.
(3) If, within 6 months after the liquidation has been completed, the liquidators have failed to transfer the goods under the conditions set out in paragraph (2), the assets remaining after liquidation shall be assigned by the competent court to a legal person with the same or similar purpose.
The Association's liquidation takes place under the conditions and with the observance of the provisions of art. 61-70 of the Government Ordinance no. 26/2000 regarding associations and foundations.
The Association ceases to exist at the time of deletion from the Special Register of Federations and Associations. The cancellation is made on the basis of the notice issued to the liquidators, certifying that they were unloaded from the assumed obligations.
CHAPTER V - COMMISSIONS AND COLLEGES OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Section I - Common Provisions
(1) The central commissions and colleges have the main purpose to solve the attributions and specific problems assigned to them in order to contribute to the proper functioning and fulfillment of the tasks and objectives of the World Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Association (WBJJA).
(2) The Commissions and the central colleges are working bodies, specialized in different fields of activity of the association, subordinated to the Board of Directors.
(3) In addition to their own attributions, the members of the commissions and central colleges may obtain from the Board of Directors special powers regarding:
- participation in the actions of guidance and control over the activity carried out by members;
- participation in the organization of special activities and actions by its associate members
(4) Standing committees and colleges shall be those referred to in Article 45 of this Statute.
(1) The members of the committees and of the central colleges shall be appointed for a period of 4 years by the Board of Directors based on the proposals of the President and of the individual candidatures submitted.
(2) When selecting and electing the members of the commissions and central colleges, the following criteria shall be considered:
- the skills, knowledge and ability of the candidates for this activity and the proposed positions;
- the results and contribution to the development and assertion of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu in their own country;
- upholding a moral code, passion and willingness to perform an honorary, objective and disinterested activity;
- knowledge of the WBJJA Statute and Regulations and international bodies; personal minuses and defects that could influence the fulfillment of such duties;
- other criteria specific to the tasks of the committees / colleges for which they are proposed.
(3) As a rule, the commissions and central colleges are composed of an odd number of members, depending on their specificity and their assigned tasks, having the following structure: president, members, secretary.
(4) Candidates for central commissions and colleges shall be submitted to the secretariat of the Association at least 5 days before the meeting of the Board of Directors to elect their members.
(5) The members of the commissions and central colleges whose mandate expires are rightfully candidates, without having to renew their candidacy.
(6) A person may not belong to more than two committees / colleges.
(7) If a member of a committee / college is absent from three consecutive sessions, he / she shall be deemed to have resigned the position, and in that case the Board of Directors shall elect another member.
(8) Decisions of the Board of Directors presenting the composition of the commissions and central colleges shall be adopted by the simple majority of the present members.
(1) The members of the commissions and central colleges hold official positions in WBJJA, in which they enjoy all the specific rights and are subject to the provisions related to the duties, responsibilities and obligations deriving from the Statute and the regulations of the association.
(2) Failure by the members of the commissions and central colleges to comply with their duties and obligations, the violation of these duties, or committing offenses contrary to the norms of sports ethics and the quality of official persons shall be judged and sanctioned in accordance with the provisions of the Discipline Code, with the other regulations of WBJJA and the legislation in effect.
Section II - Colleges and Specialized Committees
The colleges and committees that operate within WBJJA are:
1) - Competition, Legitimation, Transfer and Classification Commission;
2) - Recognition of Grades Commission;
3) - Discipline Committee;
The components, the specific attributions, the organization and functioning of each commission shall be included in the Regulation document for each commission, which shall be submitted to the approval of the Board of Directors.
Chapter VI - RECOMMENDS E - MORAL STIMULATIONS AND MATERIALS
Art. 48 – REWARDS AND MORAL / MATERIAL INCENTIVES
The members of the association that distinguish themselves in the activity of promoting and developing of BJJ in their own country and worldwide, as well as the members who work as members of the Association's associations can be rewarded, as the case may be , with:
- offering honors;
- providing specialized books;
- badges, medals, plaques;
- internship training in a federated country or in the countryside;
- specific equipment;
- incentives in the form of money or items;
- other distinctions and incentives.
Chapter VII – SANCTIONS
(1) The disciplinary misconduct of the WBJJA members or the official persons and of other members with various attributions, as established in the Statute, regulations and norms of the Association shall be analyzed, judged and sanctioned in compliance with the provisions of the Disciplinary Regulation approved by the Board of Directors.
(2) The WBJJA Discipline Committee has the authority to resolve disciplinary misconduct. The proposals of the Disciplinary Commission on sanctioning are subject to the ratification by the Board of Directors which makes the final decision. Decisions of the Board of Directors on disciplinary matters may be appealed by the interested party court within 15 days from the date they became aware of the decision.
(3) The disciplinary sanctions that can be applied to members of the association, officials and athletes are the following:
3.1 For affiliated members:
a) the warning;
b) the fine (amount of money);
c) suspension for the reasons set out in Article 29 (l)
d) exclusion (loss of membership)
3.2 For athletes, coaches, association officials:
a) the warning;
b) the fine (amount of money);
c) temporary exclusion (from 6 months to 2 years) from internal and / or international competition activity;
d) definitive exclusion from activity.
(4) The following situations may lead to the application of the sanction of exclusion of a member of the association which would lead to the loss of this quality:
a) committing acts contrary to the WBJJA Statute and Regulations;
b) repeated acts of disciplinary misconduct sanctioned by the Disciplinary Commission ratified by the Board of Directors have remained definitive;
c) committing acts incompatible with the philosophy of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu;
(5) At the end of each year, the Board of Directors shall submit to the General Assembly the approval of the exclusion of members who have committed and have been sanctioned for one of the acts referred to in paragraph (4).
(6) The re-affiliation conditions of the excluded members, depending on the reason for the exclusion, are those stipulated in art. 8.5
The sanctions for the members of the association, the athletes, the coaches, as well as the persons officially involved in BJJ, the types of sanctions and the procedures for solving the disciplinary misconduct are those stipulated in the Commission's Discipline Regulation.
Chapter VIII - FINAL PROVISIONS
The provisions of this Statute shall be supplemented by the legal provisions in force.
The undersigned associates, during the proceedings of the 25th February 2019, regarding the legal establishment of WBJJA, approved unanimously this Statute which was typed by the parties involved and certified by Marius Mazareanu, attorney, located in Bucharest, 2nd Difuzorului Entrance , 1st District
The document consists of 6 (six) copies, one copy remaining in the archive office of the attorney and 5 (five) copies were issued to the parties involved.
This status was approved by the Ministry of Justice in Romania in March 2019.